Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Glimpes Of Me 1

 I have had a passion for makeup and beauty since I could remember. I would spend hours using my grandma's Avon makeup, anti-aging creams and perfume she had laying around the bathroom and it would make me so happy playing with them. That's still the same feeling I get till this day when I play with my own makeup. For about 9yrs I rarely wore makeup and if I did it would be some lip gloss and mascara and I would be good to go. Well about 1yrs ago I happen to go on YouTube and discovered a whole new world and immediately I was hooked. I watched any and all videos related to makeup and/or  beauty for hours at a time and I couldn't get enough of it. Sure enough I wanted everything I saw and want to become a makeup artist. I wanted to do makeup like the girls in the video but wanting to and actually doing are two different things.
 
 I went out and bought makeup palettes and brushes on eBay  and I couldn't figure out why my makeup still wasn't looking as good as those other girls so I started buying higher end makeup and I thought that would help but it didn't. What I found out is the brushes and tools I use are what make the magic happened and when I bought my first Signa brushes It changed the way my makeup applied. 
  
 However recently I purchased the Lorac pro 2 palette and something inside me just clicked when playing with the colors. It's like everything made sense to me on what colors goes with what, where I should be placing the colors and most importantly what works for me, my face, and skin tone. Everyone think makeup and makeup artistry is easy but there is definitely more to it then just putting it on. 
 
What I learned this year is invest in the tools you use because it's definitely about blending blending blending lol. Know what works best for you because not everyone is the same, what works for me may not work for you. Everyone's skin type, color, age and life are not the same so don't compare yourself to someone. Makeup and beauty is suppose to be fun so don't be afraid to color out side the lines or think out side the box. Just be you and don't think about what others have to say, which was one of my problems for awhile but you live and you learn right, then you blog about it right lol. Have any of you ever compared your self to someone else or tried to do something like someone else and it just didn't work out ? comment down below I would love to hear feed back about this.
                                                                                                                                        XOXO Hk


2 comments:

  1. Great Post! I agree it's all about experimenting and investing in the right brushes. I've noticed a big difference in using brushes in my make up routine, I get more of a flawless. air brushed effect. I tend to use CrownbrushUKs brushes and they are fabulous : )) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a lot about crown brushes and I see them on sale for a great price on haute look ill have to check them out ..... but ya I now get an airbrush finish oppose to before not only that my old brushes wouldn't blend but spread my eye shadow up to my brows lol
      thanks for reading and commenting :-)

      Delete